Debbie and Beaton Walsh brought this dish to a potluck, which left every one of us raving about this. Without further ado…
1. Make the GOH coleslaw. Put it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To make the Coleslaw, collect the ingredients listed under coleslaw
A. Whisk together mayo, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard and maple syrup.
B. Pour it on shredded cabbage/coleslaw mix and combine them.
Recipe for “Better than Mayo”
2. Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
3. Make the BBQ spice by combining all the ingredients listed under BBQ Spice Mix.
3. Detach the cauliflower florets from the head or chop them into bite-size pieces. Wash and drain the florets.
4. In a bowl combine the florets and chickpeas. Squeeze the lime juice over them and then sprinkle the BBQ spice mix over that. Mix or toss them well together so that cauliflower and chickpeas are coated with the spice.
5. Place the mixture on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 25 minutes, flipping once.
6. To prepare the tacos, warm up tortillas on the stove or in the oven. Add about 1/4 cup of cauliflower and chickpeas to each taco and top with a few tablespoons of slaw.
|For GOH coleslaw:|
|1 prepackaged coleslaw mix OR|
|2 cups of shredded cabbage|
|and 1 carrot, grated|
|1/2 cup of GOH "Better Than Mayo"|
|1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar|
|1 1/2 tablespoons of dijon mustard|
|2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup|
|10-12 whole wheat tortillas|
|1 head of cauliflower|
|1/4 cup of cooked chickpeas|
|Juice of 1 lime.|
|For BBQ spice mix:|
|1 teaspoon of onion powder|
|1 teaspoon of garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon of paprika|
|1 teaspoon of salt|
|1 teaspoon of cumin|
|1 teaspoon of chili powder|
|1 teaspoon of date sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|