This is a popular side dish for Thanksgiving feast among our GOH group members. Well it doesn’t have to be Thanksgiving to enjoy this dish. This recipe is adapted from “Oh she glows”.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Slice the butternut squash through the middle lengthwise to make two halves. Remove seeds with a spoon. Peel and chop the two halves into 1-inch chunks and place into the casserole dish.
- Add the minced garlic, parsley, and salt into casserole dish and toss until combined with the squash. Do not add the kale yet.
- Cover the casserole dish with tinfoil (with a few holes poked) and bake at 400°F (200°C) for about 45 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a mini food processor, pulse the almonds, pecan and nutritional yeast together until coarsely chopped.
- After cooking, remove the squash from the oven and reduce the heat to 350°F (180°C). Remove the tinfoil. Stir in the chopped kale and sprinkle the processed nuts all over the squash. Bake for another 5 to 8 minutes, uncovered, until the nuts are lightly toasted. Watch closely so you don’t burn the nuts. Serve warm.