It’s so easy to whip up Nachos and Cheeze when kids want to have a snack or for casual get-togethers. They’re always on top of our list for our workshop and are insanely delicious.
For making Nachos:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- With a pizza cutter, cut the round pita bread into 12 triangular pieces.
- Line the pieces on the baking tray without overlapping on top of each other.
- Bake them for 10 to 15 minutes depending on your oven until they are crisp.
For Cheeze sauce:
1. Soak the cashews in 3/4 of a cup of water.
2. Bring several cups of water to boil in a small pot. Place chopped potatoes, carrots, and onion in the boiling water, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and soft enough to blend.
3. When veggies are soft enough to blend, use a slotted spoon to remove them from cooking water, and place them in your blender. Add 3/4 of a cup of that cooking water to your blender, along with your remaining ingredients.
4. Blend until smooth.
In a serving dish, put the 3/4 of baked chips at the bottom of the dish. Generously sprinkle the toppings. Layer the remaining chips above and then the toppings. Drizzle the cheeze sauce above and enjoy!