This creamy Potato Chowder is an instant crowd favorite at our Gift of Health cook outs.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 – 6
1. Peel and chop the potatoes. Boil them until tender.
2. Pour 1/2 cup of the broth into a large soup pot and add the onion, celery, and leek. Cook until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the boiled potatoes and the remaining broth. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Puree the soup using an immersion blender, or process it in batches in a blender or food processor, returning the soup to the pan.
5. Stir in the milk, pepper, parsley, chives, the salt if you are using it. Heat until hot, then serve.