“Who moved my Mac n Cheese” is what you would say when you try this dish. If you do not tell the kids what’s in it, they would say “Cheezzz” and devour it. If you tell them beforehand, they may say “Naaayy, gimme my cheese. So reveal it after they finish or it can be your little secret…..
For the Cheeze sauce:
1. Soak the cashews in 3/4th cup of water.
2. Bring several cups of water to boil in a small pot. Place chopped potatoes, carrots, and onion in the boiling water, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and soft enough to blend.
3. When veggies are soft enough to blend, use a slotted spoon to remove them from cooking water, and place them in your blender. Add ¾ cup of that cooking water to your blender, along with your remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
4. Cook macaroni according to package instructions (usually requires boiling for 6-8 minutes in salted water), drain, and set aside.
5. Pour sauce over your cooked macaroni noodles in a dish of your choice, taste for salt, and serve immediately.
Or, place macaroni mixture in a baking dish, sprinkle with bread
crumbs, and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, or until crumbs are turning golden brown.