Corn Halwa (pudding) is a sweet dish prepared with corn and coconut milk.
Cooking time, including preparation time 25 minutes.
- Boil corn for 4 minutes or until tender. Strain the fluid and keep it aside.
- Add half cup of strained fluid and grind it to paste in a blender.
- Heat up a cooking pot over the stove.
- Pour the corn paste into the cooking pot. Let it cook for 1 minute.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the strained water and stir it until it thickens (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add 1 cup of brown sugar and coconut milk and stir them well, cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add elaichi (cardamom) powder.
- In a separate pan dry roast cashews and raisins (kiss-miss) and add these to the halwa/pudding.
Hint: Click here for a recipe for homemade coconut milk.