This simple appetizer is a crowd-pleaser. You can be creative with the toppings you want to add on the top. I used zatar spice and guacamole but you can use smoked paprika and better than Mayo. as well.
- Preheat the oven 375°F
- Line the baking dish with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/4-1/2 inch circles and lay them on the baking dish. Bake them for 35-40 minutes until they are roasted.
- Prepare Guacamole.
- Once the eggplant is done, arrange the pieces on a plate.
- Sprinkle the zatar spice first, then scoop some guacamole on top of each eggplant circle.
- Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds and some chopped cilantro/parsley on top before serving the dish.