Now and then we do crave for meaty dishes or bacon strips. Well you don’t have to miss them in plant based world. Lo and behold what if….you can make smoky, crispy, yummy bacon with tofu.
- Slice the tofu as thinly as possible and place them in a resealable container.
- Make the marinade by mixing the ingredients. The recipe for homemade barbeque sauce is here.
- Add marinade to sliced tofu in the resealable container and set them aside for minimum of 4 hrs or overnight. Make sure the slices are dipped in the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425F and line the baking tray with parchment paper
- Strain tofu slices out of the marinade and arrange them on the baking tray
- Bake them for 25 min or longer until they are crispy. Just check them at intervals so that they do not burn
- Alternatively, you can also cook them in skillet or griddle until browned and crispy.
- You can store the leftover marinade for 3 days and reuse it.
This recipe was introduced to us by Sylvia Smith.