Now and then we do crave meaty dishes or bacon strips. Well, you don’t have to miss them in a plant-based world. Lo and behold what if….you can make smoky, crispy, yummy bacon with tofu.
- Slice the tofu as thinly as possible and place them in a resealable container.
- Make the marinade by mixing the ingredients. The recipe for homemade barbeque sauce is here.
- Add marinade to sliced tofu in the resealable container and set them aside for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight. Make sure the slices are dipped in the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Strain tofu slices out of the marinade and arrange them on the baking tray.
- Bake them for 25 minutes or longer until they are crispy. Just check them at intervals so that they do not burn.
- Alternatively, you can also cook them in skillet or griddle until browned and crispy.
- You can store the leftover marinade for 3 days and reuse it.
This recipe was introduced to us by Sylvia Smith.