This recipe is adapted from “Kris-Keeping it Kind”. Another favorite tried and tested recipe among GOH group members.
1. Combine the oats and chickpeas in the food processor and pulse until they are in small pieces. Add the cashew butter, maple syrup, and salt and process until it forms a smooth ball. May need to scrape the sides a few times.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Scoop 1/2 tablespoon of mixture and flatten bottom. Put in date, pecan or almond in some. Repeat with the rest of the filling.
4. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
3. Melt the chocolate chips in a small pot on low heat. One by one, drop the balls into the chocolate and coat evenly and place back on the baking sheet. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle a tiny bit of pecans on top of each truffle.
4. Put back in fridge and chill
5. Refrigerate until ready to eat (the chocolate begins to get a little melty after about 5-7 minutes, so it is best to keep them refrigerated until right before you eat them).
Yields 18-20 truffles
|1 cup rolled oats|
|1/2 cup cooked (or canned) chickpeas|
|1/2 cup cashew butter|
|1/4 cup maple syrup|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|Handful mix of dates,pecans,almonds|
|1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips|
|Crushed pecans for sprinkle|